Recent iMessage Contacts Not Mine

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cergman, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Being an iOS developer, I finally decided to bite the bullet on upgrading my iPhone 5s to iOS 7.1 (note: I have no idea if this issue is related to that update, but I noticed this contact issue hours after I installed the new iOS). It's really nice, animations complete much quicker and there are other minor improvements here and there. The big issue I am having is when I go to compose a new message in the messages app, I start typing a name and in addition to my contacts, my father's contacts come up too. We both have separate iCloud and iTunes accounts and neither of us have ever logged into the other person's iCloud account on their phone. What is even weirder is none of these contacts are shown in my address book, only when composing a new message. We don't sync with the same computer either. The same thing happens on his phone, except with my contacts.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? Any ideas on what to do? Thanks for any help!

2. Cergman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cergman

3. Jbenn425 macrumors regular

I would report this to apple and have them investigate.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

On both computers, Messages > Preferences > Accounts. What do you find under "You can be reached for messages at:"?