Recent Macbook Air purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by michaelsviews, Apr 4, 2014.

1. michaelsviews, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

michaelsviews macrumors 65816

For the people that have recently say from the 1st of year on have you noticed any display "screen" issue's ?

Also if you have the I5 or I7 have you noticed any issue's with systems that have 8 gig for system memory.

2. michaelsviews thread starter macrumors 65816

Nobody has any input, guess that means that all of the screens are perfect and the people that were finding problems are OCD and nothing will satisfy them?

3. easy-peasy macrumors regular

Yes.

4. sixrom macrumors 6502a

No, everyone has their own experience which can vary dramatically :)

5. kage207 macrumors 6502a

My system is just fine. i5 with 8GB of RAM. Screen is LG and I don't have issues. My hard drive hasn't even failed (mines the model that has had a lot of problems, 2012).

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have a maxed out 11" with an lg screen and it looked washed out till I calibrated it!

7. michaelsviews thread starter macrumors 65816

True everyone does have different experience and preference's , maybe OCD was overboard.

I am just looking for people with a current purchase of preferably a 13" MBA and the display quality.

8. easy-peasy macrumors regular

I have a Haswell 13-inch MBA and love its screen (along with everything else about it) :)

IMO the key is for customers to simply buy one and enjoy it without trying to compare it to something else.

For example, I have an old 4s that I used as my daily driver for 2 years. I loved its screen. Unfortunately, the power button stopped working so I ended up getting a 5s. Now when I compare the two side-by-side the 5s screen makes the 4s colors look a bit washed out. Does that mean my 4s had a bad screen? Of course not!

9. sixrom macrumors 6502a

I have a 13" 2012 MBA, it's display is very good even though it's not as spectacular as my brand new retina equipped 15" MBP.

Having traveled all over, the MBA has held up well and I'm very happy with it.

10. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I have a 2012 11". The display is really pretty good IMHO, but I'm not fond of glossy displays.

Lou