recent MBP buyers... still have LED problems??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fobdout, Jan 8, 2008.

1. fobdout macrumors newbie

hey guys. i'm trying to decide on whether to upgrade to the current model or wait til next week. i was wondering if the current/recent batch of mbp still have the 1/3 yellow led problem... if not, i'm hoping that it'll be phased out by next week! it really doesn't matter which gen i have as long as it doesn't have the yellowing problem...

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Well, I set up a brand new 15" MBP at work last week, and sitting next to my first-gen 17" MBP, the screen looked fine.

I admit I'm not a fanatic about color, so maybe I'm not seeing it the same way you would, but I do run Apple's "advanced" manual calibrator once every few months on anything I use.

3. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

I just bought myself a brand new MBP 2.4ghz with 4gb of RAM, had it for about 2 weeks now to replace my Powerbook, the screen seems fine!

4. BugHunter macrumors member

Seriously, wait a week

I know the argument about if you keep on waiting for the next upgrade, you'll never buy anything, but it's just a week.

Wait for that long, see if macdefects report many problems with the new ones, if so buy one of the old ones at a discount, otherwise get a new one that will hopefully run cooler and faster.

5. Josheua macrumors regular

No LED problems here, I've had it for 3 weeks now. I can say this, I will be very happy that I purchased this model if they change the macbook pro to the macbook keyboard. As much as I like it for my external keyboard, the keyboard on the macbook pro is fantastic and I enjoy having a classic keyboard as i have worked on PC's all my life (Till now, bwahahahahah, all hail the cult of Mac!)

-Josh :apple:

6. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I bought mine in July right after the big SR update and have no problems except one/two dead pixels on the lower third of the screen. Kind of annoying but I got over it.:(

7. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I have no problem whatsoever with my screen. There is a yellow tint which can't be noticed unless viewed at a strange angle.

8. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I've had my MBP SR for a little over a month; the display looks great.