Recent OWC RA upgrade.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ourabmen, Mar 30, 2012.

1. ourabmen macrumors newbie

Thanks to all on this forum for great posts and input. I just dropped a 16 gig OWC RAM kit into my new 27" iMAC. All green lights on the system board. Tip of the hat to OWC: super quick shipping and great video tutorial on the RAM install.

Now its on to installing Lightroom 4 and Topaz and start crunching some Nikon RAW files.

ourabmen

2. zballer macrumors newbie

Me Too!! plus RAW files.

Recently purchased the 27' 3.4, upgraded to 16g of ram from OWC - no problems at all! In the conversion from PC to Mac, I too shoot in RAW. My question to you are Lightroom 4 and Topaz good applications for RAW files? Granted just a two month iMac user. Have just loaded Picasa 3. Appreciate the help.

3. ourabmen thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Lightroom 3, and am getting ready to upgrade to LR4. Funny you asked about Topaz after researching some in a couple of my favorite Nikon forums (Nikon cafe and fredmiranda.com), i am going to pull the trigger on Topaz. Might even add the DxO film pack or Nik's Silver Efex Pro.

I am finally at a point that I am ready to get serious about post processing. I had a recent catastrophe with iPhoto ( lost a bunch of exif data on a ton of files and and can't open them : hopefully I can go back in time machine and find a fix). That having been said, LR 4 seems to be getting very good reviews. Will most likely use Adobe ACr for my RAW conversion (possibly Dxo, gets good feedback too).