Recent Problems with Early 2008 MBP....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wayland1985, Feb 10, 2009.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

My Early 2008 MBP has been giving me issues lately... I've sent it in twice for the audio popping bug, but they haven't ben able to fix it, so I gave up on that.

But in the past two days, it's been acting all kinds of weird. Yesterday I lost all function of the Keyboard and Trackpad. I was using everything fine, then I went to take a shower, came back and the computer's screen had already turned off. I tried to wake it, but nothing happened. I wiggled my external wireless mighty mouse, and it woke up... But still the entire keyboard array and trackpad were non-working... I let it sit and see if it would work itself out, but nothing happened, so I restarted... All was fine.

Just now, I was reading some work... And all of a sudden the screen's backlight went dead. The screen was still working, but I had to hold a lamp up above the screen to try and see what was up. I thought the same issue from yesterday was happening, but the trackpad still seemed functional (as did teh keyboard). I went into preferences and tried the "Brightness" slider in the display preferences, but it didn't work either.... Again, I had to restart...

Anybody else having these issues? Any fixes??? Or should I give Apple a call for yet another repair??? (Boy... I'm starting to miss my Powerbook!)

2. Liquidpics macrumors member

Liquidpics

Take it into Apple

Could be your graphics card or simply a loose connection...time to bring it in :(

3. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Just out of curiosity. I had an early 2008 MBP with this audio popping sound, its board was exchanged and the sound was still there. I have a Unibody MBP and the popping sound is still here.

Is it really a defect? It depends on the speaker starting receiving power, like in many stereos, even if HQ stereos. When you turn the stereo on you can hear a similar popping sound.

I don't think it's a defect. Quite annoying sometimes, but not a real defect.

Are there MBPs without this sound?

thistle