Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LUNA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
I am just curious if anybody who recently purchased the refurbished macbook pro, either CD or C2D, from the apple online store, could talk about how good the condition of these units are. I ordered a 15 CD a while ago (actually, last year) and it arrived today, but sadly, a big, big dent on the shell caught my eyes immediately. The worst thing is, the screen is just a mess, with lots of brighter spots, lines at the bottom area. Looks like this unit has not been "refurbished" at all from the exterior to the screen.

I know I always have no fortune in the draw of luck, but I want to give it another try. I am hesitating to buy another refurbished 15 C2D. So, has anybody got a nice one of that? Should I just hold until more selection of 15 C2D units appear? Thanks for any comments or advices.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
I am just curious if anybody who recently purchased the refurbished macbook pro, either CD or C2D, from the apple online store, could talk about how good the condition of these units are. I ordered a 15 CD a while ago (actually, last year) and it arrived today, but sadly, a big, big dent on the shell caught my eyes immediately. The worst thing is, the screen is just a mess, with lots of brighter spots, lines at the bottom area. Looks like this unit has not been "refurbished" at all from the exterior to the screen.

I know I always have no fortune in the draw of luck, but I want to give it another try. I am hesitating to buy another refurbished 15 C2D. So, has anybody got a nice one of that? Should I just hold until more selection of 15 C2D units appear? Thanks for any comments or advices.

as far as ive heard, everyone alway rants how happy they are and how thier ipods/laptops looks as-new. You just got a "bad apple out of the batch" is my guess. to tell you the truth its the first i heard of bad feedback from the refurbished store. but dont sweat it, it happens to everyone in one way or another.

personally though, i've never bought anything from apple's refurbished store so i can't say on a first hand experience.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
why didn't you call apple support....you have a 1 year warranty?

yeah you should give them a call and explain the situation and tell them thet youre just really let down and dissatisfied with what you got. (im not sure if you've already returned what you bought.)

ethernet76

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2003
I just bought a refurb macbook.

The unit they shipped had more ram and a bigger hard drive.

I'm pretty happy. Unit looks like it has been owned for about a week. A few light scratches, but that's about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.