Recent Resale Sucess?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockonz, Nov 9, 2017.

1. rockonz macrumors newbie

I don't want to get into if you think its morally wrong to resell items blah blah blah any of that stuff

I would like to know from people who did resell their iPhone recently, how easy was it and did you get the amount of profit you were looking for. I am more interested in your selling of the phone this week compared to launch day where i'm sure you got very good profits. Its just I see more and more stores having stock so wondering how the resale market is doing and what kinda effort you went through to sell on sites like Craigslist or Swappa.

2. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

No I didn't have luck on the iPhone X I posted and I wasn't even asking much more then I got it for.

3. prometheus00 macrumors newbie

prometheus00

I ended up snagging two on launch day (one from Apple and one from Best Buy). I've been using one and the other is unopened and posted on craigslist with basically no response. Craigslist (in NYC) is loaded with new iPhone X's and there is barely any profit to be made to justify the risk of exchange such a high value item for cash. I'm going to return the phone to Apple before the 14 days. I'm seeing similar razor thin margins on swappa.

4. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

Got an extra on launch day, sold for $200 above retail. No sales tax since I was in Oregon. Was hoping to get more for it, but no real offer exceeded ~$150 above retail. Had it on swappa, Craigslist, eBay, and offerup. Sold the day after launch day. Some other person that contacted me said he exported for a living, and would buy any iPhone x on launch day for $200 above retail, or $120 above retail the days after launch

5. awaken470 macrumors newbie

Sold two for $264 profit each (paid $1086 sold for $1350) on Craigslist in NY. Worth.