Recent Safari Crashes (All software up to date)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jaredboone, Nov 2, 2009.

1. jaredboone macrumors newbie

I've had my macbook since April, and I love it. I have had very minimal problems and it's done me well. But, today while watching a flash video(Megavideo) on safari, it crashed. I got the beachball and had to force quit. I thought, oh no big deal but then i went back and reopened safari and it happened again, then again when i went to search for something. I initially thought it had to do with Flash Player, but then it happened with no video involved. Please assit me.

thank you.

2. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Go to your safari menu on top of your screen - click on safari - and scroll down to Reset Safari - click reset in the new window. You will lose all history, user names and passwords so you will have to enter them all again. See if that helps.

3. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

I too had Safari / Flash crasholas, until I 1) repaired disk permissions and 2) reinstalled Flash.

4. jaredboone thread starter macrumors newbie

I reset Safari and that didn't help. It immediately crashed when i reopened it. and I don't know how to repair disk permissions and reinstall flash. Is there a tutorial somewhere i could look at?

5. jaredboone thread starter macrumors newbie

I love Applecare

So i called apple this morning and got some great advice.
    1st off: i Learned how to view plugins in the user folders and delete ones that i dont need. The woman explained to me that plugins are the sole reason for browsers crashing. So i got rid of the ones i didnt need and reinstalled the ones i did.
    2nd off: she explained how to clear my user cache. I cannot believe how much this improved the speed of my computer. If you would like a better description of how to do this, i will post. But if theres no need i wont bother typing it out.
    props to apple customer care because they were so nice and so helpful.