Recent security update, memory leak ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by /dev/toaster, Jun 15, 2007.

1. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Ever since I updated to the most recent security update, the kernel has been grabbing up more and more memory through out the day. Last night, it was sitting at the usual 200MB (for wired) or so and this morning I woke up to find it closer to 500MB. Not a big deal, I rebooted to clean it up.

Went to work, and noticed it started creeping up slowly. About 12 hours later, its at 1.05GB and still slowly going up. Obviously, its killing my performance since the system is slowly starving for memory.

Has anyone else noticed this ? I happen to keep a rather close on memory usage because I use a number of apps that aren't universal (or I don't have the upgraded version yet, like Photoshop).

2. /dev/toaster thread starter macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I rebooted last night before bed. Logged back in, and only loaded activity monitor.

Last night, I had 126.86 wired memory used. This morning, with nothing else running I had 222.0MB wired memory used.

Now, as I use the machine its slowly starting to increase. Something is just not right about this.