Recent Snow Leopard upgrade = no more iLife

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Moskau, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Moskau macrumors newbie

Hey all, as the title vaguely suggests I've recently made the upgrade from OsX Leopard to the Snow Leopard. In doing that, I did a clean install (as in I made a backup, and then wiped my HDD and then installed Snow Leopard) and Now, foolishly realised that iLife isn't a "App" but rather a $80 software purchase.

So, I tried to copy + paste (yes yes, I'm a noob - but this is how I understood it would work) iPhoto (as its the App I wish to use, so I can view my iPhone photos on my Mac) and it's now mentioning I can't open this program as I don't have iLife 09'.

So, short of repurchasing the software package :( Is there any method for me to have the functionality of iLife again?

I've tried to locate individual updates from the Apple support site, but the version I tried, 8.1.2 I believe. Was not needed, again due to iLife 09' not being installed. And I don't wish to sit through downloading numerous updates in the hope I may find the correct one.

Cheers, Chris.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. Moskau thread starter macrumors newbie

No, regrettably (with regards to software) I did not due to privacy issues. (Long story)

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You're probably just missing the iLife folders from /Library/Application Support.

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Do you have the original install DVDs that came with your machine?

I believe you can install iLife from the Application install DVD.

6. Moskau thread starter macrumors newbie

I shall check those instructions out guys and report back. Thanks again for the time taken to help :)

Chris.

- Calderone, cheers for being the fresh clear mind for me. A simple case of inserting and install the applications disk solved the problem. Thanks very much.