Recent updates causing video/photo problems in Final Cut Express 4

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cfritzy, Jan 16, 2008.

1. cfritzy macrumors newbie

I updated our Leopard iMac last night with the updates that were released yesterday. Today, my wife opened her Final Cut Express 4 projects and the photos and video that she had in her projects is all distorted. We used Time Machine to go pull a backup from yesterday or earlier and all the video/photos are still distorted so I am guessing something in the updates from yesterday caused an issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

2. kenrobin macrumors regular

FCE 4 won't even open for me. It crashes immediately at startup and sometimes it gives me the registration box even though I know that I've already registered. Is there a known issue post software update?

3. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

mine won't even get as far as crashing, clicking on the icon in the dock does nothing. Not a happy camper at this moment in time. I was planning on editing some video today.

Just checked and it's not even in the Applications folder.

After searching the Apple support site I've found a link to this site.

Trashing preferences in FCP/FCE

What has annoyed my though, the link was posted in response to a query by the OP of this thread and it worked for him. Would have been nice if they had shared that information with every one else.

EDIT - OK ignore the fact mine wasn't working, looks like I'd done something dumb. Still the above link should help if you are getting the same problem as the OP

4. kenrobin macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip. This worked for me.

5. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

You are welcome. Pity the OP didn't post the link as it was given to him on the Apple site. Some people :rolleyes: