Recent VisualHub problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, Mar 4, 2009.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I purchased VisualHub some time ago, and used it many times. I am aware that the developers discontinued it, but it should still run, should it not?

I recently opened the app, and tried to convert some .flv files from youtube, but it will not do it.

It tells me an error is stopping the video from being converted.

The log has a lot of lines in it saying unsupported codec:

Code:

[flv @ 0x6100a0]Unsupported audio codec (a)
    [flv @ 0x6100a0]Unsupported video codec (7)

Has anyone else encountered this? Have I somehow managed to screw the app up, or is youtube using different types of flash movies that are not (and will not) be supported by VisualHub?

2. FeiticeiraOmega macrumors newbie

yes ive been searching for someone else who has encountered this problem. i've been downloading flv's from youtube in various ways and converting them with visualhub/isquint for a long time now and just recently it stopped converting these files with the same error you mentioned.

my guess is that youtube may have implemented an encoding measure to trick programs like visualhub into thinking it's an incompatible file.

unfortunately i know nothing about code. anybody got anything?

3. FeiticeiraOmega macrumors newbie

okay ive isolated part of if not the whole problem. visualhub, mpegstreamclip, etc think that the videos have a dimension of 0x0 and therefore dont know how to make a file.

this is the default setting when i drag a flv file into mpegstreamclip:

Attached Files:

4. FeiticeiraOmega macrumors newbie

5. FeiticeiraOmega macrumors newbie

okay i managed to get it figured out, though unfortunately not with visualhub.
    if you have the latest version of mpeg streamclip 1.9.2 downloadable here: http://www.squared5.com/
    and the latest version of perian 1.1.3 installed downloadable here http://www.perian.org/ then you can convert the files with mpeg steamclip and it recognizes the correct aspect ratio and works. still no luck with visualhub though. good luck

6. i.shaun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Well it's a good thing VisualHub isn't broken, it's just a youtube thing they recently did, possibly to do with new improvements they made such as hour long videos, and HD videos.

I think the hour long ones are payed for, but it can be done nonetheless.

As for converting, doing them one at a time is a bit of trouble. I could convert them in Quicktime Pro to .mov files, and then theoretically use VisualHub to make them PS3-Compatible.

7. FeiticeiraOmega macrumors newbie

in mpeg streamclip you can convert as many files at a time as you want by selecting batch list from the List drop down menu