"Recently added" not working properly on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bentroxell, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bentroxell macrumors member

So for the past month or so, for I have no idea what reason, my recently added smart playlist on my iPhone doesn't want to put my newest songs on the playlist. The songs show up in iTunes in the playlist and they are on the phone as well, just not on the playlist. I did a fresh install of iOS 7 and even deleted and re-made the playlist on iTunes. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Bentroxell thread starter macrumors member

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Check the "live updating?" or whaever that box is called? I unchecked that once in the process of meaning to uncheck something else I think. Mine are working OK - 4S on iOS6.whatever, and the 5C on 7.0.1

4. Bentroxell thread starter macrumors member

Actually messing around with it, I found that if I have "live updating" checked, that is when the new songs will not display in my recently added playlist. In fact, I can watch them sync on the playlist on my phone then just disappear after it's done syncing. The songs will be on my iPhone under artists and songs, and display as on my phone in iTunes, just won't stay in the recently added playlist on my iPhone.

5. Lamda macrumors newbie

I am facing the exact same problem on iOS 7.0.3 and on my iPhone 5 (recently upgraded from iOS 6).

My Recently Added Playlist only shows on my iPhone if I keep the Live Updating checkbox unchecked in iTunes - which is totally lame, as it won't update.

Does anyone know a fix to this? Has it been reported to Apple btw?

6. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

This little problem is pissing me off more and more. iTunes Match doesn't seem to give a crap that my Recently Added playlist is up to date on my computer.

Send feedback to Apple. I just did.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/