Recently converted to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bravozero, Feb 20, 2015.

1. bravozero macrumors newbie

I've been a loyal Android user since the original Moto Droid and just recently I bought the 6+ (VZW SG 64GB). Well... I'm on my second try with the iPhone. First round was a few weeks after release, my fiance and I bought 6+'s from the VZW store, hers was almost perfect, I went through two due to screen yellowing issues (I'm OCD when it comes to screens). Returned them and went back to my Galaxy S4, she returned hers and got the Note 4.

Anyway, I was debating on the Note 4 or trying the 6+ again in the past couple of weeks since my Moto X was dying. I bought the Note 4, went through three because of horrible screen uniformity issues (again, fiance's was fine), so that went back as well. I decided to try the 6+ again a few days ago directly from the Apple Store, so far so good. I was a little concerned about the uniformity towards the top of the screen, it's ever so dimmer than the rest of the screen but still the same color temperature as the rest, no yellowing. I went back to the Apple Store and all had the same situation, some worse than mine. I'm thinking it might just be the way the LED backlight is designed, perhaps the LEDs are arranged along the bottom and sides, not the top? I'm trying to get used to IPS LCD's after having AMOLED screens for a few years. I also picked up a used iPod Nano 7G off eBay for cheap since the 6+ is a no-go for the gym.

So anyway, hopefully I don't encounter any issues soon. I wanted to try something new, I don't have time for rooting and whatnot anymore. Something "point and shoot" is what I need, so we'll see how it goes.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Great to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy the experience.

3. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Yikes! Multiple returns of multiple different brands of phone! I'm not judging too harshly, mind you, as I did in fact swap my iPad 3 when I first got it because of a definitely noticeable uneven screen. And my very first MacBook pro in 2008 had terrible backlight bleed when viewing darker content. I griped and lived with it though. But I know lemons do exist!

Usually it feels like an isolated case though. I wonder if some people get unlucky and their store gets shipped an entire bad batch or something.

My regular 6 has been without issue (knock on wood) and most of my gripes are with intentional design choices (it is physically hard to grip without a case, etc). Hope yours ends up working out!

4. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Known issue and it seems a problem inherent in screen technology of this type. If you're an extreme OCD type, just do not buy. It'll be an endless cycle for you. There just isn't going to be a screen that isn't slighlty dim in one corner. It won't happen.