Recently deleted photos in reverse order?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
When you open any other photo album, the most recent photos are shown right when you open it at the bottom. Recently deleted are backwards, what's the reason for that?

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Apple probably figures if you are going in that album, it's to recover a photo from recent memory. And since the photos are deleted permanently after a month, the list is also relatively short. So it makes sense to have the recent ones at the top so you can see them first. Doesn't really bother me.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Apple probably figures if you are going in that album, it's to recover a photo from recent memory. And since the photos are deleted permanently after a month, the list is also relatively short. So it makes sense to have the recent ones at the top so you can see them first. Doesn't really bother me.
You don't see the ones at the top first, you see the ones at the bottom which are the oldest ones.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
When you open any other photo album, the most recent photos are shown right when you open it at the bottom. Recently deleted are backwards, what's the reason for that?
I'd imagine the reason is to call attention to the photos deleted longest ago as they will be permanently deleted soonest. This would make it easier to go back and save photos you may not actually want to delete before they are permanently deleted.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I'd imagine the reason is to call attention to the photos deleted longest ago as they will be permanently deleted soonest. This would make it easier to go back and save photos you may not actually want to delete before they are permanently deleted.
Ding ding ding, that sounds like the winner. Well done sir, that makes perfect sense.