"Recently Deleted Photos" - WHY

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by brandon8419, Sep 17, 2014.

1. brandon8419 macrumors member

Can someone explain to me why Apple felt the need to add the "Recently Deleted" photo stream in the photos app? If I've deleted my photos, I'VE DELETED THEM FOR A REASON.

Now I get to spend twice as much time deleting the same pictures. And to my knowledge, you can't delete the album itself either.

I'm not an expert on this by any means, so if I'm wrong, someone please steer me in the right direction

2. Razeus macrumors 603

It's not a photostream. It's an album. It stays for 30 days so you don't have to do anything. It's there for accidental deletions.

Yes, I delete photos for a reason, but sometimes I'm too quick on the trigger. It's a safety net.

No more threads on photos.

3. brandon8419 thread starter macrumors member

If people want it as a safety net, then fine. But it should be able to be deleted like other extra albums (i.e. snapchat, instagram etc)

4. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

Why would you need to delete a photo twice? You delete it once and forget about it. It is no different than the Mac "Trash" or iPhoto's "trash" that has been around for a very long time. It is a fantastic feature.

5. furam90 macrumors regular

Presumably because you want it off your phone and not taking up space in an unnecessary folder?