Recently found this app, don't know what it means

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyanMacm, Feb 18, 2012.

1. RyanMacm macrumors member

RyanMacm

Just bumped into this application called: Coconut Battery. Downloaded it and saw this but I don't understand it. Can someone explain to me if this is good or bad information? lol.

Attached Files:

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

3. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

my laptop is 14 months old. i use the battery a whole lot. every day for several hours. my health is still 93%. so yours should be fine for a long time.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

I would think an app such as CoconutBattery is rather self explanatory...

But since I have time on my hands, I'll do the full rundown from top to bottom.

Current charge: Quantity of energy currently stored in the battery, measured in mAh(milliamps-hour).

Maximum charge: Maximum quantity of energy the battery is able to hold.

The meter shows (in %) the ratio : Current/Maximum.

Current Capacity: Exactly the same thing as maximum charge. This number will decrease with time and use of the battery.

Design Capacity: The amount of energy the battery was able to hold when brand new.

The meter (in %) shows the ratio: Current/Design, this will go down with use and time as the battery ages.

MacModel: The model identifier of your MacBook Pro, here it says MacBook Pro 8,1, 8 meaning 8th generation, the ,1 means it is a 13" (the 15" is ,2, the 17, ,3).

Age of your mac: Current time from date of manufacture to now.

Battery load cycle: Number of times your battery was used up 100% and fully charged. This does not have to be done all at once. Charging down to 90% and back up to 100% 10 times is considered 1 battery cycle.

Battery temperature: Do I really need to explain this?

Battery power usage: The amount of power being drawn from the battery is displayed. It says zero there because you're plugged into the wall.

5. bdodds1985, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985