Recently got Flickr account

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by G.T., Feb 12, 2011.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Your macro photos are really good.

I love taking macro photos, the problem comes in when I realize I'm just not very good at it...

Nice work.

3. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, well I don't have a macro lens so I suppose its just patience and practice. I've only got my 20mm prime (40mm eqv.) I don't know if I'll get a new lens anytime soon (I'm a student).

4. Dragonomicon macrumors newbie

Nice work

You're doing some good work with that GF1. It's a great camera for its size. In fact, I up and sold all my Canon gear (including a 5D) about a month after I got the GF1 when I realized it performed about 90% as well as the 3x more bulky 5D.

5. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, thats interesting to hear. I often feel I was too quick to buy it as my first camera especially with the prime as there is no zoom function and the smaller sensor means noise appears quicker etc etc :p. Sometime I feel a DSLR with larger sensor and better ISO would help :/.

However, I will say that these limits have made me have to think more/be more creative. Also to be perfectly honest I still feel uneasy taking it out, not in a someone will steal it way, but just a people are looking at me as I take shots. I'm slowly getting over that and the camera being the size it is definitely helps me feel like I stand out less :eek:

6. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

When I started in digital photography, I got a Sony DSC-S70. It had almost no features, but I took some great photos with it. I look back at some of my old photos and it was amazing the quality of photos that were coming out of such a basic (albeit $800) camera.

It's less about the camera and more about how you use it.

7. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed :), though it is nice to know you have more freedom with a better camera :p

8. mikedec macrumors newbie

Those are some pretty nice shots. How long have you been into photography?

I'll just list the titles of the ones I really like.

P1030052
    P1030044
    P1020617
    P1020303
    Lone tree - I love this one. Definitely one of my favorites.
    P1010352 - Cat is giving you the craziest look ever.

Some real nice work overall.

I recently got into photography too check out my flickr.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedecristofaro/
    Not all of my stuff is perfect but I try. I got my camera around thanksgiving so I'm trying to learn as fast as possible.

9. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey, thanks.

How long have I been doing photography?

Well with semi-serious intent only the last year which is how long i've had my GF1. But before then, I've always had an interest and took lots of photos with anything I could, getting used to changing perspectives and framing etc. At high school I did a photography class during activities week, we got to develop our own film which was quite fun.