Recently played music in Music App -- possible?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by vaultwit, Sep 22, 2014.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

Am I missing something here? Is there no way to find a list of recently played music in the Music App? Like a list where every time a song is played, it appears on the top of that list. I cannot find such a feature in the app.

I tried creating a Smart Playlist in iTunes containing "Last played / in the last..." criteria and syncing the playlist onto my iPhone, but this playlist seems to just randomly contain some of the songs that I may have played at some point in the recent past... It is unpredictable.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Recently added tracks that we've just synced in iTunes would be a good feature too!!

3. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

You can set a smart playlist in iTunes on your computer for that..and then just sync them to your phone

4. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Really? No one knows of a way to do this? (recently "played" not "added") I'm surprised. Seems like a feature people would use extensively...

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm baffled by this thread. I've had a " recently played " play list in my music app for a while. I had it on my iPhone 5, 5S and now on my 6 Plus. I'm pretty sure I had it on my 4 and 4S when I had them. As far as I know it's always been there. All the songs I play get added to it automatically.

6. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Ok... Well then for whatever reason, my iPhone does not have it. Neither does my iTunes. I suppose my revised question then is, does anyone know how to get this?

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Create yourself a smart playlist in iTunes and sync it