Recently Played Smart Playlist help - how to count repeated tracks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boxelder, May 14, 2008.

1. boxelder macrumors newbie

using:
    iTunes 7.6.2
    80 GB iPod video, software version 1.3

I've been using a Recently Played smart playlist on my iPod, and I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow get it to list repeats of songs (right now, if I have the playlist set to show songs played in the last day, and I play Song A twice that day, it will only show up on the playlist once)

The playlist is:
    Last played is in the last x days
    Limit to x items selected by most recently played
    Live updating checked

Please help, thanks.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I don't think there's any way to do this, and I've been wanting/looking for something like this pretty much ever since I've used iTunes (version 4-ish). Since the playlists have a "last played" time and not some sort of "dates played" column, you get exactly what it says - what time you last played the song.

3. klices macrumors newbie

i'm not quite sure if you ment the following (my english is not the best) but take a look at the following homepage:

http://www.lastfm.de/

you can make an account there and download a programme that "scans" your recently played playlist and then it loads the data into your profile on the homepage and you have a nice overview about which bands you listened most, which songs you listened most and when you did and so on (take a look here at my profile

as i said i'm not sure if this is what you wanted but maybe i could help anyway

greetings