Recently purchased G4 mac mini -- and I need help!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jecko024, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

I just recently bought a broken G4 mac mini in the marketplace, and there are some things that don't seem quite right. It only came with one CD which at the top says "OS 9.2" and towards the bottom side on the left it says "OS X Install".....if I'm not mistaken, I thought that the computer (sorry its a 1.42GHz 80 GB combo drive) came with at least OS X 10.3 if not 10.4. And also, it has the OS X 10.4 Manual. Also, I didn't think OS 9.2 was classified as an OS X.....so I am really confused :confused: Also, wasn't there more than one CD, I thought there was restore and install and other stuff as well.....

Thank You,

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

you are correct 9.2 isnt even OSX
    and the mac should have come with 2 install DVD's
    is appears as if you got the 2nd one, not the first

3. Jecko024 thread starter macrumors member

Jecko024

:D I just went and looked at it again it says "OS X install disc 2" and "includes os 9.2" but the stuff also came with "Proof of Purchase Coupons" -- does this mean that I can just send in the coupons and apple will send me replacement CD's?

4. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

possibly but maybe not since it is an old os but they probably have old stock and restore... but it would be awsome if they gave u leopard i just had to say that cause i could be possible in a blue moon :D

5. rolex54 macrumors 6502

i believe that you can request replacement disks
    but they charge for shipping an maybe a small fee

6. Jecko024 thread starter macrumors member

Jecko024

I wouldn't mind some free leopard :D lol, but ya, probably wouldn't happen :(

Which would suck because I bought the computer thinking that all of the software was included :( and as I continue searching, I'm finding other things I didn't get that I was under the impression I would be receiving......

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

yea who knows why the people are missing the 1st install disc did u phone them or was it on ebay if u can contact them ask if they have forgotton a disc

8. Jecko024 thread starter macrumors member

Jecko024

It was actually through these forums over in the marketplace, and I have sent them an email about all of the forgotten pieces today actually and have yet to receive a response (still the weekend and on top of that a Sunday, so wouldn't receive an immediate response anyways). I tried PM'ing but their inbox is full, so hopefully the person checks their emails later, because throughout the sale they seemed to check their messages and PM's fairly frequently.

9. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

10. Jecko024 thread starter macrumors member

Jecko024

11. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

12. Jecko024 thread starter macrumors member

Jecko024

lol i dunno but its funny

13. nhcowboy1 macrumors 6502

jecko - I don't mean to be rude, but are you seriously complaining about the condition of a mini that you paid around $35 - $45 for?

14. Jecko024 thread starter macrumors member

Jecko024

I'm not complaining about the condition of the mini, and not really complaining, this thread was actually intended to better understand what it was I had received according to what was originally packaged with the mini because being as this is only my second experience with a mac, when I was told all software and documentation would be included, and then I got one CD or DVD w/e it is, that said OS 9.2 I thought I had been almost scammed as I knew almost for a fact that 9.2 wasn't the main OS for this computer, but because of these forums, I learned that what I have is one of two CDs which happens to include OS 9.2 (believe me it was a relief.) And then in:

I was just upset that I was under the impression I would be receiving things I didn't get, however not the end of the world (only $40) its the fact of the matter, and being as the seller hasn't been on in a while, I am at this point not to concerned and sure that he has a reason for why not everything was included. He was very reasonable and nice, and willing to work with me so I will wait to see what he says......so far, like I said, he has been very decent. Anyways, thanks for saying that and explain myself better, as on the internet, I SUCK at making a point, or explaining what I am trying to say thoroughly, because I always forget to say the most important things, and what I do say can always be taken the opposite way so, really thank you, and by no means would I have thought that rude :)