Recently purchased used iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BillyBootlig684, May 23, 2009.

1. BillyBootlig684 macrumors newbie

I just bought a used iPhone off someone and when I go to try to activate it in iTunes, it tells me to call customer support. I have a blank SIM card which the people at ATT told me I needed.

I have an ATT account, however, I lost my old phone so I don't have the original SIM card. When I try to activate the iPhone in iTunes, the previous owner's # comes up. What am I doing wrong?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You need to insert a sim card that has your number in it. If you don't have one you can get a new sim card from AT&T.

3. BillyBootlig684 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a blank one, but in iTunes it still shows up as the other person's number

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Is there a reason you don't want to get a new card? You have jailbreak it if you don't want to use a sim card.

5. BillyBootlig684 thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean don't want to get a new card? I've gotten a new card, put it in the iPhone, yet the old number still shows up on my iTunes account. Even when I try to type in my old number, iTunes gives me an error message saying it cannot activate it at this time.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Did the person you brought the phone off ever deactivate the phone with at&t, or did they just stop using it.

7. BillyBootlig684 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, I don't know I'll have to check on that one.