Recently Signed Up For Developer Account Need Help With Tax Contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by markybbs1, Nov 6, 2008.

  1. markybbs1 macrumors newbie

    Oct 31, 2008
    Hell everyone.

    I am sure there are many more in the same position as me here. Please help us.

    I am based in the Uk and have finally gained access to my develper account after months of waiting.

    I have just been filling in the contract so that I can submit paid applications to the store.

    I am being asked for a US tax ID or SSN, ITIN and EIN.

    Can anyone shed light on what these are and why I need them and also where to apply for them?

    This is really important. I would appreciate any help. :confused:
  2. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

    Nov 9, 2007
    Colchester, UK
    For future reference, if you use the search functionality you can get your answer much faster. No need to write everything in bold either.

    A US tax identifier is required to take advantage of the tax treaties between the US and the UK. Without one, you will have to pay tax on your earnings twice - 30% in the US (after Apple's 30% cut) then further income tax in the UK.

    You can obtain an EIN by phoning the Inland Revenue Service in the US. Apple provide you with all of the relevant forms and help sheets - the number is on there. Its easiest if you download the PDF form, print it out and fill it in as when they are on the phone they just ask you the answer to each question. They give you the EIN there and then on the phone; postal confirmation will arrive a few weeks later.
  3. jlake02 macrumors 68020


    Nov 2, 2008
    That's correct. They won't pay you until you provide the proper tax information for them to file with the IRS in USA

Share This Page