Reception for People at Home on the iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedivulcan, Oct 18, 2011.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I wanted to ask iPhone 4S users that upgraded from the iPhone how reception is at home in areas that don't have great 3G coverage and decent 2G coverage how reception.

I am specifically asking this because I live in an area where 3G isn't good at my house (no stable connection) but I get three or four bars of 2G that is adequate for voice calling. AT&T has decent voice coverage but horrible data coverage. I turn 3G off when I am at home and use WiFi. My iPhone 4 tries to keep connected to the 3G even though 2G has a stronger signal.

My iPhone 4 will connect to 3G and the instant it uses it and tries to sustain a data connection, it falls back to 2G, and then tries to go back to 3G (and it will hop back and forth and I'll get nowhere with data).

With the iPhone 4S having no 3G toggle off switch is anyone upgrading from an iPhone 4 in a similar situation finding that the new dual antenna design helping your reception at home or in fringe 3G areas? Does the 4S have a better way of managing a connection with a cell tower.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. kenz0 macrumors member

Yes I have the same problem and I'm very frustrated that Apple took this feature off. I hope they add it on the next update