Reception in Pittsburgh, ?s about switching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cherry13bomb, Jun 26, 2010.

1. cherry13bomb macrumors member

I'm currently a Verizon customer, and I've been wanting the iPhone since it came out. I've been reluctant to switch because I've heard about the "bad" service and I didn't want the hassle of switching 3 lines over to a family plan at 3 different times. I don't know anyone with AT&T, so can anyone here can give me an idea what reception is like in the Pittsburgh area? Also, Verizon gives me the ability to call 10 non-Verizon lines of my choice without using my minutes. Does AT&T offer anything like that? I'm worried about wasting all my minutes on family members that still have Verizon.

Thanks.

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

ATT reception in Pgh is fine. However, if you go up near Indiana it's not good.

3. defboob macrumors member

yeah i live around 2hrs from Pittsburgh, and all the times i've been in/around the city, the 3G has been great - no issues.

In regards to the family plan on AT&T, yes they do offer a service to setup your choice of phone numbers that are always unlimited minutes (it's called the A-List, for up to 10 numbers) - but you have to have at least the 1400 minute family share plan in order to use it.

4. At0m1cPunk macrumors newbie

I live outside of Pittsburgh (Beaver County). When the iPhone 3G came out, I was a happy Verizon customer (reception) and was hesitant to switch to AT&T. Now, 2 years later and with the new iPhone 4, I am generally pleased with the AT&T service. I travel to Cranberry frequently, and back to Pittsburgh on a regular basis. I never have much trouble with the reception.

5. bova80 macrumors 6502a

I live south of Pittsburgh and have great signal. Never had a problem either when I'm in the city.