Reception issue.. Corrected with bluetooth..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Defiant81, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Defiant81 macrumors member

I have had my 16gb iphone since launch and have had the widely known reception issue... My phone now doesn't seem to have the death grip reception problem.. Here is what I did..

Turned on bluetooth in the settings... Left it on for an entire night... Noticed in the morning when I picked up the phone in the so called death grip my reception did not slowly go down as it had been doing. Kept the bluetooth on for amother 8 hours or so in my car while I was at work. Still no reception problem. Finally decided to turn off Bluetooth in the settings in the phone... No reception problem... Somehow I fixed my grip reception issue.. At least so far going on day 3 now with no reception loss. Please try this and let me know what happens for you

Btw I'm in the Washington dc Baltimore area

2. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Feasible, things like this is why I think it can be fixed with software.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Why does it seem feasible? just curious here

4. Defiant81 thread starter macrumors member

Please try it and let me know if it works for you.. That is if you are experiencing the death grip reception issue

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

If it really is a software issue, and its about the antennas communicating, bluetooth and AT&T use different antennas, so messing with bluetooth couldve reset something?

I dont have a phone yet, but if mine has the issue I will try this.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I leave BT on 24/7 yet still suffer from Death Grip.

7. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Yeah, I was about to say... I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who have left bluetooth on (and use it) all the time since day 1.

BUT, unless it's some random freakish fix--which you'd be lucky to be one of the few to have it magically disappear--this may be a sign of hope. And Apple may already be on to a cause of this (and therefore solution) that may be software related. [fingers crossed]

8. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I thought a software fix might help too, until I took my 3GS's case off (for the first time, in fact) and "death gripped" it down from 5 bars to 1 bar. Seems like it's just more of a problem with the new design. I'm going with, hold it different and keep moving forward. /shrug