Reception Issues Denial or What?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mpaige2, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mpaige2 macrumors member

Have you notice that everyone who claims that their not having a problem with bars dropping while holding the phone by the metal straps have yet to post a video proving it! :confused: Not saying every phone has this problem..but someone post a video showing it doesn't happen to them. There about 20 that shows it does!

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Just get a bumper ... problem solved. I have one and this phone performs just like my 3GS did.

3. Mpaige2 thread starter macrumors member

I shouldn't have to buy accessories for a phone to work properly:(

4. Built macrumors 68020

No reason to lie here. If a product is defective, I have no problem making noise.

I have tried to replicate the problem...and cannot.

5. Mpaige2 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not saying your lying or anybody else, I'm sure there are a lot of phones out there with no problems. Just asking someone post a video showing it! :)

6. dmx macrumors 6502a

When I'm at my house and try it... the signal drops significantly.

Drove to a larger city today, probably with much better signal - I was near an Apple store as well - and covering the seam there did nothing.

7. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

The issue is there. But it also depends on your location and the initial signal strength.

Where I am sitting I have to hold my finger on the seam for minutes before the signal strength decreases.

8. P Mentior macrumors regular

Just because you shouldn't have to doesn't mean that it won't solve the problem. Would you rather not get to use your ip4 for at least a few weeks while apple works out the problem or just get a bumper and enjoy your new phone?

9. Built macrumors 68020

Got it! Thanks, man! Have a good night. :)

10. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I'll see if I can get a good video, because I'm not having any problems, and I tried over and over.

11. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Who would make a video of that? It's like making a video showing there are no UFOs in the sky.

ZERO problems with my phone.

12. Smtevo macrumors 6502

I have also tried to replicate it and cannot do it. Are people trying to lose service on purpose by trying to block the antenna now? I have seen many videos and people are wrapping their fingers around the whole corner to get the phone to lose service over about 3 minutes. I just dont see myself holding the corner for that amount of time when talking on the phone let alone holding that corner at all.

13. Mpaige2 thread starter macrumors member

Lol...I would never buy that $30 piece of rubber and shouldn't have to! I will give apple a few weeks to work out the problem and if it's not solved... back it goes and back to my 3gs ;)

14. Mpaige2 thread starter macrumors member

Because there are a TON of videos proving they are having problems and NONE showing everything fine...Follow Me?

15. Mpaige2 thread starter macrumors member

cool, thanks

16. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Okay, it's uploading now, and I'll post it soon. I had some minor success mirroring the problem, but it wasn't clear. It went down a bar or two a couple of times, and not at all other times. Quality's not the best, but you can see it. Anyway, I'll post it.

17. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I'm eager to see some videos as proof myself. Not that I know of any user on here who is a known troll/BSer/liar, but the voices come loudest from those having problems, so a little positivity would be nice to fall back on while I wait for July 16th and my iPhone 4 to arrive.

18. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

+1

Here come the Apple defenders to spin this around and deny, deny, deny.

19. AnotherLabRat macrumors newbie

that seems like a "positive" to me. The bars clearly start declining when you hold it a certain way. From 5 to 3 and then you change your position. Makes me wonder what would happen if you continue to hold it like that.

I didn't realize there was a problem with mine until I read on the board. I just thought my signal sucked near the apple store. I gave it a go. It took about 60 seconds before my signal went from 5 bars to zero bars.

not cool.

20. P Mentior macrumors regular

Not trying to defend Apple at all just laying out the options. You can either send it back now and not have an iPhone 4 or go back to an older iPhone, get a bumper or some other case to alleviate the issue and continue using you iPhone until Apple fixes the problem and then get it replaced or do nothing and have bad reception until Apple fixes the issue.

I have noticed this issue in my iP4 and it does suck but until I see that the issue gets fixed I am choosing to use the bumper. Just bitching about how this shouldn't have happened on an Internet forum won't make it go way (sending polite feedback to apple would be helpful though). It did happen and now we just have to wait until it gets fixed.

21. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

The thing is that it wasn't consistent. It happened a few times, didn't happen a few times. Got better when I let go, got worse when I let go. It wasn't a consistently replicable issue in my case.

22. cenetti macrumors 6502

Yes! revolutionary device but it just needs a $2 rubber to work properly..... GTFO! IT has retina display but just can't make simple phone calls unless you hold it in a certain way..... very delicate ! ya know :rolleyes:

Youtube is full with "FAIL" videos.... All the major news channels to internet sites are reporting the same news....

A few fanboys though don't have any problems.... again GTFO! ;)

23. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

Yes, rally behind the news channels. Gee that's a shocker that they'd report on something like this. Scandal, intrigue, drama.... no news agency would ever rally behind such things. Give me a break... it's called ratings. If "X" station is doing it, they're all going to do it. This is especially going to be the case with a high-profile name like Apple.

Also, just because there are a lot of complaints and legitimate concerns does that mean that there is no such thing as a customer who is not experiencing any problems at all? Could someone replicate the issue if they tried, but were not normally having the issue? Very possible. Is this unacceptable to some? Yes. In the end, if it doesn't impact the actual owner, why should someone "GTFO" when an issue isn't relevant in their case?

24. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Well I thought I was free of the issue, but I guess I was wrong! Mine doesn't lose signal based on the way I hold it, I just have piss poor signal all the way around! My 3G that I sold today always had between4-5 bars of service at the house, now it did bounce back and forth between edge and 3G. well iPhone 4 does good to get 2, most of the time 1 or no bars! This is without me even holding it! When I posted on another thread earlier that I was having no issues I was on my way home from the apple store and in the city. Now that I'm at home on the outskirts of the city, my signal is ****! Apple is going to have to do something about this! Steve jobs can say it's a non issue all he wants but that's not the case. If the 3G gave me great signal at home then I would expect the 4 to be better, but I feel as if we have taken a step back instead of forward!