Reception, Wifi and 3G performance fantastic on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobajobbob, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Bobajobbob macrumors regular

I've trawled through the plethora of fatalistic "end of the world" is nigh posts on the "death grip" (who writes this stuff?) and the endless speculation about the cause and solution.

I like a good mystery to solve like the next person but can I just say that the reception on my iPhone is ********* fantastic? The more I use it the more I like it.

I can pick up Wifi in my garden where my 3GS had long since given up the ghost. I have a 3G data connection on the station platform where my 3GS struggled for GPRS. Both Wifi and 3G connections are also significantly faster than my 3GS and much less inclined to randomly drop.

Reading all the posts on here over the last week I was beginning to imagine problems and obsess about my bars with a cultish fervour then it struck me at the station this morning waiting for my train as a podcast download wizzed in at 3G speeds where previously I had no reception at all..........This thing is fantastic!

2. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Hooray!

Not to be mean, but perhaps you could've simply posted this in one of the numerous threads about having a perfect/flawless/no-signal-issue iphone?

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Good to hear. I've had outstanding 3G results as well. I can also add that my wifi speeds here at home (with my Airport Extreme) have been unworldly. I loved my 3GS, but it couldn't hold a candle to this iP4 in terms of 3G signal and Wifi speed. Not even close.

4. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Congratulations, and here's to hoping you don't experience issues that might crop up any second now... :p

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You should preach this same message in the more than numerous threads about having reception problems and signal/antenna issues.;)

6. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

sometimes I feel often the only one on this planet having better reception and better data speeds.
    good to hear several other have good speeds and calls as well!

7. Bobajobbob thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not denying that some people are obviously having issues but I think it should also be said loud and clear that this device, when it works, works very well indeed.

8. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

I'm glad there are some postivie iPhone 4'ers around here. ;)

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081