recessed volume button 8+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tripleh3lix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. tripleh3lix macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

Anyone else have any recessed buttons? This is my replacement 8 plus and already have a recessed low volume button. Is there a way to fix it or pull it out so it doesn’t become unusable without taking it to Apple or opening the phone up?

Apple is super far from me... otherwise I’d go.

2. westham7 macrumors newbie

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If you already have a replacement device and it's possibly defective, then contact Apple my phone and they should immediately send you out another replacement device due to the inconvenience.

4. tripleh3lix thread starter macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

They wanted to charge me a 1000$ hold the first time I asked them to do that for me.

5. chscag macrumors 68000

They won't actually debit the $1000 unless you do not return the defective phone. Just make sure you send them the phone. Apple pays for the shipping which also includes insurance so you should be OK.

6. tripleh3lix thread starter macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

I don’t have 1000 dollars on any sort of card just for the hold. Otherwise I would’ve done that option the first time.

Would be great if they could make an exception, the Apple store is almost an hour away. But they didn’t last time :(

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, you could either take the drive or ask someone that trusts you to use their card.
    As long as you mail it back they will not even notice the hold go on their credit card and release 3-4 days later.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There are few companies who will trust someone for $1000.