Recession in view... Time to buy a Mac Pro!?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by LeKiD, Jan 22, 2008.

1. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

It's not looking pretty worldwide in the finance world. I'm canadian and the canadian looney is starting to loose some feathers compared to the us dollar.

Apple changed his prices for the better when the canadian dollar reached parity with the us money, few months ago, without equalizing it as it's the fashion for Apple worldwide. But now, it's seems that the economy is ringing a bell for a new recession.

Could that effect the prices in few days or weeks? I know Apple took a long time before correcting it's canadian prices but I wouldn't be surprised if it's correcting faster to increase it's prices.

I did not buy my new Mac Pro yet but I wanted your take on this!

2. TFT macrumors member

A company will try not to change prices in their disfavour.
    I am in Europe and despite the devaluation of the dollar we still see the same price number in europe as in US but difference currency. I would say, if you buy in your own country expect currency fluctuations not to affect prices .... only a currency crash will do, but this is most likely not going to happen as if it does the price of a MP will be the last of the worries.

3. supercooled macrumors 6502a

I'm just thinking if spending anything out of the necessity is wise at this point.

Lekid if it's not essential, I would probably wait. Now if only I could heed my own advice.

4. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

It's not that I can't or fear the recession... I just want to know if it's wiser to pass an order right now instead of waiting few more weeks.

5. Toups macrumors regular

If there is truely a recession that affects your buying power so significantly, I would assume a Mac would be the least of your worries ;-)

I would recommend buying now, the systems were just updated, peripherals are relatively inexpensive and you can enjoy the machine all the while.

6. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Nope. It doesn't matter if the economy falls apart, Apple wont budge on their price of their computers. Even the older Mac Pro didn't budge on its price and it stayed like that for over a year (even though most all the parts were outdated).

Now is the best time to buy. :D