Recharge MacBook Pro overseas

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jfrias9, Dec 10, 2009.

1. jfrias9 macrumors newbie

Traveling to Spain with my laptop... Spain has 220V... any problem to recharge?

Thanks,

Joaquin:confused:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Nope, the power adapter is 110-240V ...

You may need a plug adapter for the plug to fit, I'm not sure what style they use in Spain.

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Just go get an international plug kit, problem solved.

4. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

I advise against it 110%! just because the power adapter can handle the power doesn't mean your battery can.

I took an HP overseas a few years back, along with my digital camera. Both power adapters were rated to handle the voltage, but the batteries weren't the same once I came back. I had to have both batteries replaced within a week because neither could hold a charge.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Absolute FUD.

I have had my MB and dozens of other devices overseas for very long periods of time.

The battery never sees a difference between 110V and 220V. The power brick converts the AC to DC. The machine and the battery will get the same power whether you use 110, 220 or 5,000V AC, as long as the power brick can convert it.

6. twitchgreen macrumors newbie

I'm recharging my 13" uMBP in Kabul, Afghanistan with one of the international plug adapters from Apple (costs around $35 for the kit) with zero issues. If you know exactly which adapter you need for Spain (search online), you can go somewhere like Fry's or Radio Shack & buy a simple 110 to 220 volt plug adapter for a few bucks; I'm not talking about a voltage convertor...a plain adapter that changes the prongs from US to Eurpoean.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You have no idea what you're talking about.

8. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

Wrong... just wrong...

9. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

Just get an adapter US-->Continental Europe and you're fine. A word of advice from experience: Get one adapter and take a US multiple socket outlet with you. It's cheaper than buying multiple adapters.