Rechargeable batteries for magic mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by photogpab, May 7, 2011.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

I know apple sells their own, but do you all have any recommendations for some good rechargeable batteries I can buy for my magic mouse?

Getting tired of having to buy new batteries every few weeks.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

A few ideas:

4 Energizer rechargeables + 8hr (ish) charger ~$20 at best buy

36 Regular energizer AA ~ $14 at home depot

4 Energizer ultimate lithium (last a long friggin time) $9 just about anywhere.

I'd probably get the rechargeables, as they have some decent life and aren't too expensive. 36 AAs will also last quite a while and are a little less expensive.

3. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

Whats a long time tho? The regular duracells I buy now are only lasting me a month or so

4. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

alright i walked over to the drugstore and bought the energizer ultimate lithium batteries that said 8x faster, etc.

lets see how long these last! for $9 they weren't too expensive.

5. Mercboyz macrumors newbie

I was in the same boat you were. I just picked up the mobee magic charger last week. works great. Its about 50 bucks but worth it.

6. xMClass macrumors 6502

7. MacHamster68, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

get the magic mobee inductive charger , greatest invention since the wheel , no more worries about charging batteries , just place the mouse after use on the charger and done , always fully charged , no more thinking about taking out batteries to replace / recharge and £48 are not much if you calculate how much normal batteries cost which sometimes only last one month , and a normal charger cost money too and so do rechargeable batteries too and are far from cheap if you want some good ones