Rechargeable Battery Replacement Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by beeinformed, Jul 7, 2015.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have the 'Apple Battery Charger' and the six rechargeable AA NiMH batteries that came with it seem to be failing. I would appreciate any suggestions for replacing these batteries. Thanks for your help!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Just get yourself some Panasonic Eneloops. Back when those Apple batteries came out, there were rumors they were just rebranded Eneloops anyway.

3. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

The AmazonBasics rechargeables are also quite good in my experience, both the "regular" glossy black-labeled ones and the "premium" white-labeled ones (the matte black "high capacity" ones are, I'm sure, also fine, but probably overkill for mice and keyboards). The white AAs are likely rebranded second-generation Eneloops, whereas I don't think we really know much about the glossy black ones (of course, this is also a guess for the white ones, but a highly educated one based on the electrical characteristics and physical features of the batteries). The glossy black ones are cheaper and I've only had a few "duds" (they all still work to some extent but one or two of the dozen I have started losing their charge quickly), whereas I've had no problems at all with the white ones, but if it's just a peripheral it might not matter too much.

Of course, actual Eneloops are also highly regarded, as the above poster mentioned. But you may be able to save a bit by going with a rebranding if that's important to you.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yes... good suggestion. I think those may be rebranded Eneloops also. I have a few of the black ones and they function exactly like Eneloops.