Recharging MBP 'on the road'

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Doylem, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

As a location photographer in UK (and a recent convert to digital), I'm loading up my MacBook Pro with photos while I'll travelling about. My problem is basically keeping the laptop charged up, so I can do a bit of pic editing while I'm on the move. It would be so handy to charge the MBP through the cigarette lighter, but I don't want to do anything to harm the machine (power surges, etc). Thoughts anyone? Maybe a recommendation for some cabling/gadget that I could buy in UK?? Thanks...

2. Mac Virgin macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have successfully used an "XPower Pocket Inverter 100" from xantrex.. It delivers 80W continuous or 100W for 5 minute bursts.. Runs without a problem using my 85W MBP power brick.. It has a fuse for overload protection and all surges etc are filterd by the MBP power brick as it is doing the converting from AC to DC..

Bought for about US$20 with larger capacity inverters up to about 175W available for around $40..

Hope that helps!!

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

If you have an iPod video buy a photo adapter for it. Just connect your camera to it and you can copy you photo's to it.