Recieved gift cards for amazon, ordered ipads..what's next?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ajohnson253, May 28, 2010.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

So today my girlfriend and I recieved a gift from someone. Gift certificates for amazon so we ordered 2 16GB wifi ipads. We already have a 27"iMac, I have a unibidy MBP she has a last gen MBP and we both have 3GS's. We are pretty familiar with everything apple except the ipad. So I'm just being cautious.

I know the ipad is similar to the iPhone in many ways. Is there anything we should both look for with these straight out of the box?
    Thanks in advance

2. sandyjmacdonald macrumors 6502

Not quite sure what you're asking here?

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

cautious.

"I know the ipad is similar to the iPhone in many ways. Is there anything we should both look for with these straight out of the box?
    Thanks in advance"

Are there any main points my woman and I should know or any flaws to look for that some iPhone owners run into that effect any usage?

4. crut macrumors regular

As iPhone users you will notice a major glaring problem.

After using the iPad your love for your iPhone will evaporate. It will feel small, slow, constrained and the UI cramped.

The other flaw you will find is that even though you may have been happy to let someone else touch your iPhone, you will have slight pangs of panic as you hand over the iPad.

The only issue with the iPad, is that iPhone apps look like arse - either too small at proper resolution or horrid at 2x res (the only things that don't look bad are fast moving games). So prepare to buy/change the apps you regularly use for their iPad counterparts.

And yes, web browsing on the iPad really is that good.

5. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

thanks very much that all does make sense. The glare, seems like it would be pretty big since it's 9 inches or glass. Has a matte anti glare been released and do you happen to know if they're easy to put on if they are out? It makes sense about the iPhone feeling slower, cramped etc etc. I can definitely see me using it more as just a phone for calls and text. This is going to be great because now it won't be like I'm just constantly on my iPhone. It's the whole "phone" part. Now I can constantly be on my ipad, mean to always be on and become addicted to and not feel like a kid who's parents to tell him to get off his phone. :p

6. crut macrumors regular

I wont deny there is glare but you only tend to notice it when the screen is black - otherwise it feels quite subtle.

As for screen protector - I can't really comment any further than to say people have spoken about powerplant anti-glare protector. I'm not convinced about a screen protector having previous tried with my iPhone and got rid of it fairly quickly.

7. khanriazaoif macrumors member

Amazon is selling ipads. Since when?

8. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I have no clue how long they've been selling ipads for but I know I looked on the date I ordered and they were there. A friend if mine also ordered one from Amazon about a month ago but he has yet to receive it.