Recieved iPhone 4 - but want iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mumty, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Mumty macrumors newbie

I'm in a bit of a situation here. My aunt upgraded to a HTC, and she gave me her old iPhone 4. I was so happy, looked like new iPhome and everyone was envious.

But that was August - and now there is iPhone 5 fever. And judging by the drawings etc. I really want one. I'm not sure I can wait another year/2 years for iPhone 6, still having iPhone 4 which is beginning to lag.

So what do I do? I have enough money to buy iPhone 5, but I dont want to seem ungrateful.

2. AlexanderTT macrumors member

AlexanderTT

I'd suggest buying the iPhone 5 if it's a completely new design and such, but if Apple only makes minor upgrades I'm sure you can cope with that for another year. But at the end of the day, it's all up to you!

3. Chilks macrumors newbie

Sell the ip4 and hand over the money to your aunt! :)

4. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

You got a couple of options:
    1) Throw the ipHone 4 at your aunt and yell "You old hag! Don't YOU know that you gave me an old, soon to be obsoleted phone!!!!!" "I deserve better!" "Don't you know who I am????"

or

2) The phone may not be under contract so you can get the iP5 yourself. And if you do sell the iP4, give the money back to your Aunt or buy her something nice. This will pay itself back 2, 3 fold.

5. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

no kidding

7. JohnnySon macrumors newbie

Agree. I got my ip4 a few weeks ago on craigslist and I'm keeping it for at least a year.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Buy the iPhone 5 and give the iPhone 4 to one of your cousins or something. I'm sure your Aunt will understand and will be happy to know that someone else in your family is having it instead of you selling it you know?