Recieving fake email's from MacRumors/MacWorld? Please help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xDeathReaperx, Aug 25, 2009.

1. xDeathReaperx macrumors regular

Edit: Please move if posted in wrong area.. :/ Also once question is answered mod's can remove the post.

Hey, I may be wrong but MacRumor's associated with MacWorld right?

Okay so here is my question..

I received and email that said

(Title:) Macworld Connect Panel: Financial Services Survey

(Text:) Dear ,XXXXX XXXXXXXX,

We're inviting you to participate in a new survey we are conducting regarding small businesses nationwide. The information you provide will remain confidential and will only be reported with information provided by other businesses.

As our way of saying Thank You, those who qualify and complete the entire survey will receive $10, which will be immediately credited to your reward account. If you do not qualify to participate in the entire survey, just for trying, you will still be entered into our monthly drawing to win $100.

The survey is easy to complete and should take no more than 25 minutes of your time.

To begin the survey, simply click on the link below or copy and paste the URL into the address bar of a new browser window.

http://survey.sotech.com/XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your participation!

Sincerely,

Alex Jones
    Macworld Connect Panel
    http://www.macworldconnect.com/eval.asp

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY

You are receiving this email because you are a registered member of the Macworld Connect Panel, hosted and managed by Socratic Technologies. We are a full-service market research firm that values your privacy. All of your responses will be kept confidential and only reported in aggregate. Your personal information will not be sold or traded to any direct-mail companies. For more information about Socratic's privacy policy, please visit http://www.sotech.com/main2007/*(XXXXXXXX)

For more information about the drawing, please visit http://www.sotech.com/htmlemail/promotion.htm

If you have questions about the survey, please contact the Member Services Manager, Alex Jones, at PM.XXXXXX@al2.sotech.com and reference project 123-183b. Alex Jones can also be reached at 1-800-5-SOCRATIC (1-800-XXX-XXXX), or 001-415-XXX-XXXX outside USA.

Socratic Technologies, Inc. subscribes to the privacy policies and code of research ethics of the Interactive Marketing Research Organization (IMRO), a division of the Marketing Research Association (MRA). You can visit
    IMRO at www.imro.org for more information.

If you would like to be removed from our contact list, please reply to this email and type "Remove - Macworld Connect Panel" in the subject line, or call 1-800-5-SOCRATIC (1-800-XXX-XXXX) or 001-415-430-2200 outside USA. You may also request your removal by writing to: Socratic Technologies, Inc, CA XXXX USA.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Is this a legit email?

Will I really get $10, lol?

Thanks, MacWorld/MacRumors.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Don't think MacRumors is associated with MacWorld.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

MacRumors is not associated with MacWorld.

MacWorld is a legitimate publication.

Who knows if your email is real or not????

4. xDeathReaperx thread starter macrumors regular

Oh? It's not someone please link me to the "MacWorld" Forum's..

Also can anyone try answering my question, is this a legit email? Will I get $10?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's not much of a forum. It's more of an online magazine.

macworld.com

you know google would have been a lot easier and a lot less annoying for the rest of us.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'd say the chances are good that you will not get $10.

7. xDeathReaperx thread starter macrumors regular

Actually buddy, I did google

I got: NO RESULTS!!!

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy