Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
We can no longer import recipes after the upgrade. We have tried everything suggested on the site and by emails. Any help? If not do you have an alternative suggestion.

doglegmedia

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
Amsterdam
We can no longer import recipes after the upgrade. We have tried everything suggested on the site and by emails. Any help? If not do you have an alternative suggestion.

Try looking at safari services ~ services preferences - I had to manually enable the text clipping service there in order for it to work in the same way that it did in previous versions.

Hope that helps :)

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Well we were able to enable something that gave the importing option but then it said it couldn't process the recipe. Not sure when you say enable text clipping? We didn't see that option?

doglegmedia

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
Amsterdam
Well we were able to enable something that gave the importing option but then it said it couldn't process the recipe. Not sure when you say enable text clipping? We didn't see that option?

At least for me there seem to be two options - one is "import recipe from web page". But directly above that within services preferences is "clip recipe". I had to enable "clip recipe" within preferences for it to work. As far as I can tell, import recipe requires certain structured formats, while clip recipe allows you to map text to specific fields.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Another vote for Paprika. Honestly, I haven't used it much, but did a lot of research and it seems to be them most robust. I do have the iOS version and like it.

rmw49

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
I've used Paprika for a long time now. Syncs flawlessly between the Mac and iPhone and is very easy to get recipes from the internet. Also you can change the number of servings and the measurements of required ingredients are automatically changed. Can't fault the program at all.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I use Paprika almost daily, have it for both mac and iPhone. It works great! There are some areas that it could improve on: 1) and the big one, be able to sort using multiple categories at once, 2) integrate shopping list with Mac Reminders app automatically and 3) be able to scale volumes inside recipe directions, not just ingredients list. And a few other very minor things, but on the whole I find it invaluable in my everyday cooking and menu planning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.