Recipe manager with shopping list and calorie counts

leenak

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation of a recipe manager that provides a shopping list (one that works with iPhone would be awesome) and also provides calorie counts?

Paprika seems to provide a shopping list but no calorie counts. So I guess I'm looking for something like that.

glenthompson

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2011
Florida
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation of a recipe manager that provides a shopping list (one that works with iPhone would be awesome) and also provides calorie counts?

Paprika seems to provide a shopping list but no calorie counts. So I guess I'm looking for something like that.
Are you looking for something that generates calorie counts based on ingredients? I use Paprika and have been very happy with it except for having to buy a copy for each type device. There is a field in the recipe for nutrition information but you have to enter that. I don't use the shopping list as I find it easier to use the Notes app to sync the list among devices.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Are you looking for something that generates calorie counts based on ingredients? I use Paprika and have been very happy with it except for having to buy a copy for each type device. There is a field in the recipe for nutrition information but you have to enter that. I don't use the shopping list as I find it easier to use the Notes app to sync the list among devices.
Yeah I was hoping to find something that calculated calories based on ingredients.

jack1011

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2014
Check out iFoodFit and it's iPhone counterpart, iFoodSync. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to meet/exceed your criteria. It's $9.99, which actually really seems like a great deal for all the stuff it can do. Unfortunately though, there does not seem to be a free trial version. The iPhone app is free.