Recipe Software for OS X

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
My girlfriend is looking for good recipe collection software for her new PB. Any suggestions? There are tons out there it looks like, but I like testimonials.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. A few months ago I saw some software from a company that also made a software to catalog your DVDs--it downloaded pictures of the DVD cases from Amazon.com. I know it's a long-shot that anybody knows what I'm talking about, but I figured it can't hurt).

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
Blackheart said:
Can't say I've used it before, but this one looks fairly promising. Just thought I'd toss that at you in case you hadn't found it yet. :)
Thanks, that's one of the ones I saw. Of course, it was a sponsored link on Google, I never trust sponsored links. ;)

Comment

mowogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2004
San Gabriel, CA
A Cooks Books

I've been using "A Cooks Books" for a couple of years. It is a good deal and works pretty well.
The author provides frequent updates and feature upgrades and there is even a Yahoo! group for the program.
I like that it imports different recipe formats from other programs (Mastercook etc...) and it supports drag and drop for ingredients (select the ingredient list off of a web page and drop it on the ACB window- it will automatically populate.
The only thing I don't like is the somewhat weak search functionality. I would like if you could search by multiple criteria rather than just recipe name.
Here's the link- there's a demo of the program there:
http://www.3caam.com/products.html

Comment

quidire

macrumors 6502
williamsonrg said:
My girlfriend is looking for good recipe collection software for her new PB. Any suggestions? There are tons out there it looks like, but I like testimonials.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. A few months ago I saw some software from a company that also made a software to catalog your DVDs--it downloaded pictures of the DVD cases from Amazon.com. I know it's a long-shot that anybody knows what I'm talking about, but I figured it can't hurt).
I'll second the vote for "Yum!"

The second item, is Delicious Library what you are referring to? I haven't used it but it had gotten rave reviews. I don't think they make any recipe software (yet) but their intent WAS to release cataloguing app after cataloguing app, so who knows what will come down the pipe...

-RS

Comment

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
does anyone know of any software that can use UK metric measurements? I dont suppose it matters too much but it would be convenient for me :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.