Recipes App for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ThE.MeSsEnGeR, May 30, 2010.

1. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

I have recipes lying all over the place, in notes, emails, etc... I would love to have them organized in one place, and I want to know if there's any Mac application that can do that nicely? and if it has a companion iPhone app to sync the recipes, it would be early christmas for me! :D

Thanks!

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Yes there are lot of them and Google or Yahoo or Bing are your friends...
    I like YummySoup...

3. skypark macrumors member

Recipe app

I also use YummySoup. Try it, it's free to try.

4. juliainor macrumors member

I got MacGourmet when I first got my Mac and it is a good app. I was happy with it and had no major gripes. It was better than the recipe app I used on my Windows machine and it had good reviews. Recently, I got SousChef in a bundle I bought and tried it because I had the license.

I've now switched over. I think the import process is better (both MG and SC have text clipping imports via the Services menu, but the SC is smoother IMO), I really like the cooking mode, I like having it linked to recipes "in the cloud," and a number of other things.

5. ThE.MeSsEnGeR thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

thanks a lot for all the replies! I'll try them all and see what's best :)

6. randomlychaotic macrumors newbie

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm looking for a recipe app that I can use with OSX 10.4.11 (told you I was a long-time lurker). I want to enter all the titles and ingredients for recipes from my cookbooks so I can search them all at once instead of trying to remember which book that certain recipe was in, or not using them, and all the random recipes I find across the internet. I trialled shop'n'cook, and I've just downloaded macgourmet 2.4.7 (the one that works on 10.4) to try.

Shop'n'cook isn't bad, but it's a little expensive, especially if you want the menu planner. $60 compared to macgourmet's $25.

Any recs?