Recipet destroyed by rain

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Airboy1466, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

I bought the ceramic Apple Watch 38mm as an impulse in the moment type of purchase. I now want to return it the package is still sealed and unopened. Will I still be able to return this to the store for a full cash refund.

Recipet is completely destroyed by the rain I accidentally left my windows down and the recipet as well as my leather seats took a major L

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Apple can look up the transaction where you purchased it from and what store. Assuming you're within your 14 days, you should still be able to return your Apple Watch.

4. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Where did you buy it from? I'm not sure if you can buy the Edition from anywhere other than the Apple Store. I think they can look up the transactions in their system. Also, if you have your email with Apple, they usually email you a receipt.

How did you pay for it? If you paid for it with a credit card, check your statement. You might have to call your CC company to get a detailed receipt.

5. Airboy1466 thread starter macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Nope Best Buy they also sell the Apple Watch ceramic
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    Even if it's a best buy recipet
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    You can actually purchase it at Best Buy it's the only known retail store to carry the model since Apple Store are so limited and I paid cash for it while on vacation in Tampa

6. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Paying in cash could be a problem here. Do you have a Best Buy account? If you did, you could reprint your receipt.

Otherwise, you really have no proof that you even bought it. Best Buy could track the serial number and verify which store it was purchased from. They might even be able to go back to the security videos to confirm that it was you who bought it. The problem is that they don't have any incentive to help you.

Hopefully, you have a best buy account that you scanned when you bought the watch. Good luck.

7. Airboy1466 thread starter macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Oh wow and nope this is highly unfortunate ,lesson learned don't drink and Best Buy kids.
    All jokes aside no i did not use a Best Buy account but I do have two stainless steel apple watches on my previous history with them

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You need to be talking to Best Buy. They are the only one's that know.

The "cash" could be a problem.

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You're pretty much SOL. Never pay cash for anything that expensive.

10. zone23 macrumors 68000

Do you have Best Buy Rewards? Did you use it? If not you should..

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You didn't mention Best Buy in your original post. I would contact them directly. I'm not sure what they would be able to do. Likely not much. If it's sealed, you could resell it to gain back revenue from it.

12. Airboy1466 thread starter macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Where could I even sell it I don't know many people buying a $1300 watch

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Try EBay, there are a lot of people on their. Swappa is another online venue to sell. Assuming your Watch is sealed as you stated, then you shouldn't have a problem selling your Watch. You may not receive exactly what you paid for it, but there is a much wider audience online to sell it.

Also, Macrumors has a market place forum as well.