Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tedwill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2016
Northville, MI
I have a chicken and an egg scenario with my MacBook Pro M1. My company uses Duo. My off-line password was never set up properly. I have been suspending my machine and then using duo to unlock it. Today I am traveling and I cannot get an IP address before I log into my MacBook. I have an ethernet cable and an adapter that I can connect but it does not give me access to the Internet since I have not logged in yet using it, however, duo won’t let me login because I’m not connected to the Internet.

Is there anyway through, the Pre boot system tools to set up either the Wi-Fi or the hardwired ethernet so that when it starts up in normal mode, it recognizes the new network so I can login? When I am home or in the office, the network is already recognized, and I am able to use duo to login because I am online and my duo code works perfectly fine.

I worked with the network administrator of my company and there’s nothing they can do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.