Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Just bought a Mac Pro and tried to install Vista64 Ultimate. But after partitioning BootCamp won't recognize the Vista64 CD.

Any ideas?

kahine

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Just bought a Mac Pro and tried to install Vista64 Ultimate. But after partitioning BootCamp won't recognize the Vista64 CD.

Any ideas?

Positive the DVD is ok ? Installed it on mine fine a couple times now

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
are you sure you're using the 64bit version?

and you put in the installation dvd and you could actually proceed to install vista64?

dbam987

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
Didn't Apple release an update for the Boot Camp partition creation utility in Leopard? Or did they only update the drivers for Vista SP1?

almostinsane

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
Only the drivers. MS changed the version of the EFI loader in SP1 which isn't compatible with Leopard.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
well i have the sp1 version

means i need to get the original one? and then update to sp1 through vista original install?

blownco

macrumors regular
May 24, 2008
CA
well i have the sp1 version

means i need to get the original one? and then update to sp1 through vista original install?

are you sure your giving the comp enough time to recognize it i know when i installed mine it took30 to 45 secs for the disc to show up on the desktop but it installed just fine.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
yes i definitely have the disc loaded and gave it enough time to do so before i tried to proceed.

the same happens with xp64. however with the regular 32bit it works.

even holding down c-key in the beginning won't load the dvd, but works yet again with the xp cd.

so what's really the case? who can i believe? with sp1 or without?

well with sp1 as of now it doesn't work (if that's really the issue) so i guess i don't have many other options.

??

thanks

sirnh

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
yes i definitely have the disc loaded and gave it enough time to do so before i tried to proceed.

the same happens with xp64. however with the regular 32bit it works.

even holding down c-key in the beginning won't load the dvd, but works yet again with the xp cd.

so what's really the case? who can i believe? with sp1 or without?

well with sp1 as of now it doesn't work (if that's really the issue) so i guess i don't have many other options.

??

thanks

Have you tried booting with the option key, then there you should see a Windows CD in the boot device selection?

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Have you tried booting with the option key, then there you should see a Windows CD in the boot device selection?

I did that but the disk didn't show up.

I'm trying a new Vista CD soon (without the SP1) and will see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.