Recomend a 3G case/carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pw1981, Aug 24, 2008.

1. pw1981 macrumors member

I am in need of recommendations for a case/cover product for m iPhone 3G.

In lieu of just carrying the naked phone, I picked up an InCase Protective Cover for the phone. So far, I really like the cover. The only complaints I have are 1) the rubber on the face near the charging port is a little too flexible and 2) the texture is a little too grabby to get in and out of a pocket easily.

I am a patrol officer for a law enforcement agency. As such, I need the protection of a case, but I need it to be something I can effectivly carry on my belt at work.

I really would prefer to find something I don't have to switch back and forth for work and days off, but thats not out the window.

I ordered a BSE for the phone to cover the screen. That, in conjunction with the InCase I already have would be fine for me. BUT... I can't find a pouch for the belt which will hold the phone in the case. It MUST be vertical as space on the belt is at a premium.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2. julip macrumors member

I have and like the Marware C.E.O. sleeve. Here is the iLounge review of it:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/marware-ceo-sleeve-for-iphone-3g/

Because it has elastic sides, it is pretty forgiving for encased phones, as long as the case is not too bulky. I've been able to use it well with the Griffin Wave and the Switcheasy CapsuleRebel.

The case is packaged with a low profile clip, and the iLounge review shares a coupon for a free swivel clip if purchased through Marware. It uses their Multidapt clip system, so there is a variety of clip options that can be used with the case:

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Case-Accessories

3. 41qser macrumors regular

You're brave.

My iPhone stays in my patrol car...

I'm too scared I'll damage it if I have to wrestle a "customer"... :D

I'm very happy with the Capsule Rebel... got it last week. It's a great case.