Recomendation for carrying case for 17'' MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CrossFireXT17, Jun 4, 2008.

1. CrossFireXT17 macrumors member

hey, I'm getting a 17'' MBP next week and need to get a carrying case (not just a sleeve/slip). I know there is a guide above this about buying one and where to get them from. But what I really want is someone's real life opinion. I would like one that could hold my laptop, as well as the power supply and everything comfertably, and if it could have enough extra space somewhere to hold an External Hard Drive, that'd be perfect!

What do you all use?

2. MacDaddie0 macrumors newbie

3. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

I bought a Brenthaven as per the advice...it's a fine case, so far. I'm on my first trip with it.

I especially like the compartment for storing the power supply -- much, much better than any other case I've had (outside, along the bottom, plenty of room for the cords). That alone makes it worth it.

So OP if you're still wondering -- do it. And do it with Amazon because it's something like $60 there. List is much higher.

4. YahoKa macrumors newbie

I got a Timbuk2 Commute bag. I Like it because it has nice design and lots of room for other book, accessories, etc. If I didn't need the extra space, I would have gotten a Belkin messenger bag. So choose whatever you like in terms of style and features.