Recomendations on a Bluetooth earpiece for my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chadam, Jan 4, 2011.

1. chadam macrumors member

chadam

What is the best bluetooth earpiece for the iphone 4 in terms of lowest price/reception for both ends and battery life...? I was thinking about eithr platronics or jawbone...what should I buy? what are you folks using?

Thank you

2. Leatherman macrumors newbie

Got a Jawbone, Icon as a christmas gift and very happy with it. It is small and discreet and the sound quality is great. Battery life is good too and best of all it fits and doesn't fall out! I always seem to have trouble with ear bud fitting but the jawbone fits snugly. Pairing it with my 3gs was v straight forward so it'll be the same with the 4 I'd think.
    Don't have a bad word to say about it really. Just need to remember to put it in when I'm driving!

3. chadam thread starter macrumors member

chadam

Thank you for your feedback, I was thinking about getting the Icon, however there are so many to choose from per jawbone and leaves me a bit confused in terms of which jawbone is the best and least exspensive...

4. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Another vote for the Jawbone Icon. I have the black Thinker and I love it. Got it for Christmas.

5. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Definitely the Jawbone Icon. Best notice canceling available and is tiny.

If you want a cheaper alternative check out the Jabra ones.

6. BC2009 macrumors 68000

BC2009

Hey folks... I got a Jawbone Prime for Christmas, and returned it. It had major issues:

1) Low volume

2) Would not send "voice calling" feedback voice for things such as "multiple numbers found"

3) volume control was a looping toggle that jumped multiple levels with each press. because of this i could never could reach the iphone's max bluetooth volume setting (always one notch short, and one more press when at that point would loop me around back to the bottom end of the volume spectrum). i had to use the iphone to notch the volume up one more (even then the volume seemed way low).

So i was thinking of getting the Icon as a replacement if it does not have these issues, can folks please chime on that?

Thanks.

FYI.... my old Motorola headset had no problem sending me the voice prompts from the phone when doing voice dialing (i.e.: i would hear things over bluetooth like "multiple matches found" or "multiple numbers found").

7. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I have the Icon and a Plantronics 975 and the Icon is the clear winner. The problem I had with the Icon was that it would keep falling out of my ear using the Jawbone ear loop that was provided. I ended up ordering the same kind of ear piece that is for the Plantronics and put it over the small black round piece on the Icon and it became the best earpiece I have used.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

9. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Jawbone +

Just another vote for Jawbone, with one suggestion.

Order this kit and make a custom earpiece. They send you a little silicone to make your own impression. You won't believe how nice it works. I went with black.

http://www.averysound.com/as.jawboneicon.html

10. chadam thread starter macrumors member

chadam

Thank you all with your feedback and also thank you for the tip for the custom ear piece. I went ahead and bought the Jawbone Icon Hero and love it. The icon is great with my ip4. Now only if I could get it so make and take calls with my iPad... I posted in the iPad forum to see if anyone has been able to do it and share how to:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1076241

11. Dahammer macrumors newbie

I just got a Blueant Q2 and it is awesome paired with an iphone 4. The audio is loud and clear. It's voice controlled, meaning you can answer/ignore calls totally hands free. It can also make use of the iphone's voice control to make calls, play music and etc, which also works well. It supports the A2DP protocol for streaming audio. The caller ID speaks the name of the caller if they are in your contacts, otherwise you get the number. Check it out.