Recommend 5.1 speakers for computer set-up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by keysersoze, Jun 24, 2008.

1. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Well, I don't know much about them, but would like to hear if anyone has 5.1 surround speakers that they love, for their computer setup. Or know of speakers that they hate. I am just testing to see what might be 'good' to invest in. I don't want to spend a ton, but also don't want some cheap ass walmart **** that will suck. In any case, can anyone recommend any good speaker systems? Brands? I've read a bit in the forums, but some of its dated, and I imagine the technology has moved on. I am naive, so bear with me.

Any good rec's, or sites with speaker system reviews?

2. thenetstud macrumors member

3. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I raved about these countless times, my logitech Z-5450s, comes with a hub, and wireless rear speakers. Every satellite has the ability to be wall mounted, and I go no interference from cell phones on them. I bought the airport express, and they are amazing.

Here's a link to buy them, not a bad deal if you ask me.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I have the Logitech X-540s and I'm quite happy with it. Though I am no audiophile, it sounds pretty good when I'm playing Crysis at office shaking (read: wife-annoying) levels.

5. keysersoze thread starter macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Thanks! I was reading reviews on Newegg's site and the Logitech's (all of them actually) got a really good reviews. I like the wireless rear speaker setup, as running wires out and back would be a pain in the ass (although doable, i guess).

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Can't complain about any of the Logitech.

Alternatives would be the older Klipsch 5.1 (yes, they made two [or three] different 5.1's)

Creative also makes quality for the money and their gigaworks series is comparable to the Z-5500s