Recommend a bag for 13 macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by charlesbronsen, Dec 30, 2009.

1. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Hey folks - hope everyone had a good Christmas. Anyhoo looking to buy a laptop bag for macbook and thought I would get some suggestions from here first. Thanks.

2. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

I have an incase nylon bag which is nice because it's really small, but also has pockets. It's more than a sleeve:

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-sleeve-cl57324

3. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

if you mean you are looking for a sleeve, I do not think you can do better than an American made Waterfield Sleeve.

www.sfbags.com

I personally carry my Macbook Pro in a vertical Waterfield sleeve inside my backpack.

4. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

5. charlesbronsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Yeah I am going to get a sleeve but I'm looking for an actual over the shoulder book bag type deal that I can put the macbook and sleeve inside.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I like the Tucano Second Skin and just put it in a regular backpack. I guess that's partially because I don't like to advertise the presence of an expensive laptop inside, but to each their own.

7. willtj macrumors newbie

8. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Would I be a total A$$ if I pointed out that Charles Bronson spells his last name with two O's, or should I just keep my mouth shut? :)

9. charlesbronsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Very Nice! Exactly what i had in mind.

Not a total A$$:p

10. NoMorePCHH macrumors newbie

I faced this dilemma about two months ago. All the tech guys at work just back pack their laptops but I wanted something with less bulk. A friend recommended a Booq bag. I got the Tiapan. It has little ridges outside the bag to rest the Mac Book on, a unique number tag on the zipper for going though the airport and it is detector approved for scanning so you can leave it in the bag while going through. :apple: The padding is nothing dramatic but hey, you aren't gonna drop it anyway.

I carry the whole thing around in a Kensington Contour. Lots of cable pouches,etc. to hold all the bells and whistles needed on a trip.

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Cases by sjdesign.com and higherground.com are wonderful.

They have a way of opening and allowing use of the computer unlike anything else on the market.

I've had several, and love them all.

12. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Ditto on this bag. It's what I have my MBP in and it is very nice. Inner lining is very soft and there is some padding beyond what you'd get with a sleeve. Detachable shoulder strap and hideable handles as well. My 13" fits in perfectly even with a Speck clear shell on.

13. grayskyz macrumors regular

grayskyz

I passed on this case. I like incase but, the bag is a bit plain for my tastes however, it is indescript which could be a good thing if your trying to keep a low profile.

I like slings over shoulder bags, so I chose this sling bag:
    http://www.ebags.com/ful/brick_house_sling/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=86456#

And for a shoulder bag I finally bought this one but, it turned out to be a terrible bag.

http://oakleyvault.com/product/ap-sandbag-2-0/92120-075

Anyway, I'm still on the hunt.

C.

14. nole macrumors newbie

I have been using Memoggy sleeve (here) for the past couple of months and been really happy. No scratches on the macbook. inner lining is really soft. Outside of it is crafted really well. Everytime i use it, it gets lots of attention from random people..

[​IMG]

15. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

Check out discount department stores if there are any in your area (TJMaxx, Ross, Marshalls, etc. I don't know the Canadian equivalent). I always see "older" bags there for cheap. But since the MacBook size hasn't changed, they're still perfectly good.

I found $45 dollar Solo brand padded sleeve w/ pockets for $14 bucks at Marshalls for my new 13" MBP (April 2010).

16. louisvuitton macrumors newbie

Yeah, I do prefer the Waterfield Sleeve. Its comfortable and easy to carry our macbook.

17. radicalcentrist macrumors member

BumBakPak

I picked up a BumBakPak a few weeks ago, and I'm in love with it. Lots of pockets, padded separate pocket for the MacBookPro (so you don't have to open the flap to get the computer when going through airport security), and it converts from a shoulder bag to a backpack for longer walking.

http://www.bbpbags.com/hamptons.html

18. atwell macrumors newbie

I use a sleeve, as well, and sometimes a backpack. The advantage of using a laptop sleeve over an actual laptop bag is the versatility this allows in switching between bags, carriers, or even travel carry-ons.

19. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

My wife has a 13 MBP and I have a 15 inch. I have mine wrapped in a Zagg invisible shield and we booth have incase neoprene zip cases. Mine is black and hers is pink. Very slim and portable. With the long battery life we are good for the most part around town and if we need to bring the charger we will put that in small duffle or she can put it in her purse.