Recommend a bag for MBP 15

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nahsor, Jul 9, 2009.

1. nahsor macrumors member

I am a college student in need of a messenger bag or even a nice backpack for my MBP. It should be able to fit
    -MBP
    -a book or two
    -a couple notebooks

The main thing is that I absolutely need it to be waterproof because it rains and snows a lot over here and so if a big can't handle that, then it is worthless to me. I don't even want to risk getting my MBP wet. I also don't want something flashy as I want to be able to take it to work. My absolute upper limit is $100 but the cheaper the better :D Anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer a messenger bag but will settle for a backpack if it is more secure against weather extremes

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

For that price range I would recommend purchasing an STM bag or getting a regular bag and a ColcaSac.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

Tom Bihn, but it's going to cost you more than $100.

4. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Timbuk2 has some awesome bags that are very well designed and will last you a long time. They provide great protection for your laptop and plenty of room for books. They retail for about $120 but if you keep an eye out for deals you can usually get one for about $70 or $80.

5. nahsor thread starter macrumors member

I already have a belkin case so I won't be needing to buy one.

6. gilbert1020 macrumors regular

gilbert1020

7. nahsor thread starter macrumors member

This looks nice but I am not a big fan of Kensington. I have not had good experiences with their backpack

I don't need something that is completely submergeable in water. Just something that can handle rain. I want something that also looks halfway decent :p

8. nahsor thread starter macrumors member

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Get a simple sleeve to protect the computer and then you can get any bag you want. You also don't want to be a target, so if your bag screams "computer bag", all eyes will be on you.